Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Kiddo!

I can't believe it's been 15 years. Wow, how time flies. She didn't want to arrive and was 10 days late but has now become paranoid about being punctual. :-) So that's a good thing. Everyone always says "the teen years are awful" but I have to say the years between 9 and 12 were far worse than anything I've experienced in the last few years. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I did something right, I'm not sure, but I think she's pretty great kid who is making it through the teen years just fine. And of course I love her to bits and am so proud of her.

Some of you may know that riding is her thing. She would spend everyday on a horse if she could. Of course living in the city that's not really feasible and we used to live quite far from the riding school but are closer now. On the weekend she took part in a fun show at the school. She was in three events and got 5th, 4th and 1st for her category. She nearly fainted when she got the first in their little jumping category. She's not a serious competitor and doesn't want to be but she was pretty proud she did so well as her category had adults as well as kids. The picture doesn't have her 1st place ribbon as the post office (Grrrr, Canada Post) lost one of the boxes of ribbons so by the time they got to her category they'd run out but hopefully it will be waiting for her tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope have a super day Sweetheart! She goes to her Dad's on Fridays so I am going to pick her up for lunch today and we're going to go to one of our favourite breakfast places. Her school starts so early she gets lunch at 10:45. Kind of weird, but a great time for brunch. Then we'll probably celebrate some more on Saturday with cake of course. Must have cake. :-)






23 comments:

K. Z. Snow said...

Aww, I can see your pride shining through, Tam. A great mom + a great daughter = great happiness.

Happy birthday to the talented girl who loves horses!

(Man, you've been posting at a record pace. I haven't been able to keep up!)

Tracy said...

Awwww Happy 15th birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. And yes, Tam, you did a great job. :)

Congrats to her on her ribbons as well - that's awesome!

Now, did you make that cake? lol Had to ask after your post @ KB's the other day.

Lily said...

Happy 15th Birthday!!!!!!!

Congrats on the ribbons. I hope you both enjoy your weekend!

Mariana said...

Happy Birthday!!! May she have many many more.

You give me hope... 11 is KILLING me :(

Tam said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. We were out for brunch and I checked my e-mail and said you had given her wishes and she said "tell them thanks." So there you go.

Sorry KZ, I'll slow down for you. :-)

Tam said...

After I dropped her back off at school, which was after we ran to the phone store to see if the cutie could help us get her phone functioning properly, I went to the store and bought the cake mix and some icing (have to find fondant). So I'll probably be baking cake at midnight tonight Tracy. LOL I'm using as much premade as I can for this one, no time to play around. I'll take pics if it works.

Tam said...

Honest to god Mariana, 11 was AWFUL, when she hit 13 the hormones seemed to level out and it's been pretty clear sailing. I tend to be a pretty easy-going mom but she's not sneaking out at night, smoking or coming home from school drunk so I figure we are doing okay. LOL She's got good friends so I think that helps. Hang in there and thanks for the birthday wishes.

Erotic Horizon said...

Happy 15th my dear - enjoy it..

Doesn't she look marvelous on that horse...

Keep your fingers cross hon - may you have many more teenage - angst free years..

E.H>

wren boudreau said...

Happy Birthday to your girl and congrats to you, Tam! It's great to see a parent displaying so much pride and affection. Good luck with the cake :)

Tam said...

I hope so too EH. I'm thinking so far so goo. :-)

Thanks Wren. She is my pride and joy.

Stephani Hecht said...

Tell her Happy Birthday and congrats on the ribbons. She sounds like a great kid.

Tam said...

Thanks Stephani. I must say I have no complaints. :-) Well, most of the time. LOL

Anonymous said...

Tell her congratulations and happy birthday! You two are lucky to have each other!

Tam said...

Thanks Eyre. I now have all the ingredients to make the cake .... my motivation is not so great. But I have 18 hours. Sleep? Who needs it. LOL

Chris said...

*suspenseful music begins to build*

Tam said...

Don't pressure me!!!!!

Kris said...

Please pass on birthday wishes to the kidlet for me, Tam. And tell her big congrats for her placings at the comp. That's pretty awesome.

Are you gonna be doing the Ace of Cakes thing like the pic, Tam? My expectations are pretty high now since you've been bragging.

Tam said...

Not quite that fancy, black and white layers (4 layers), with white fondant (just a typical layer cake) and black cut out designs. In theory. LOL I better get my ass in gear.

dallalana said...

Happy Birthday to your kid! And congratulatons for her ribbon, of course. I wouldn't be 15 again for all the gold in the world (well, now... let's talk about it ;), but she seems so happy! :)

Tam said...

Thanks Sara. 15 comes with it's share of drama but on a horse all is right with the world. :-)

Mariana said...

That is so nice to hear :) No one told me how bad these "pre-teen" years were going to be. This chick is just all over the map. It really is nice to hear there's a light at the end of the tunnel (sooner rather than later).

Hope the cake was fantastic :)

Michelle M. said...

Congratulations to Kristen! And to you for raising her! Those are terrific photos : ).

Tam said...

Thanks Michelle.