Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Arrgghhhh!


So last weekend I washed my phone. Arrgghhh! I was thinking about upgrading and getting my daughter a new one for her birthday in a couple of weeks but that forced the issue. Finally got a new one last night, we're good to go. Not quite what I wanted but better than I had.

This morning I'm on my netbook at home doing my "think" before I leave for work. Get home, open it up and it won't start. Argggghhhh! I thought it was the screen only but when I put in a memory stick the light didn't come on so I don't know what the issue is. It was working fine at 8:00, 5:30 - pphhhhtttttthh Nuthin. *sob* I knew it was going to have to be replaced soon, I was having trouble with the keyboard, but again, I wasn't ready to do it TODAY! I wanted to look around and decide what to get. Yes, we have another computer, but we haven't shared said computer in 18 months. And all of my books, pictures, etc. are on the netbook. Luckily carbonite worked for me on that computer so it should be easy to download everything onto a new one but .... I hope I can get this one fixed and we'll at least be able to use it for a spare. Sigh.

Anyway, the whole point is I don't have much access to a computer, my work is insane so I'm not sure I'll be able to get many posts done from there so things might be a bit thin on the ground around here for a few days until I can get up and running with a new computer for me. Send me good price vibes is you can. What next? My TV will explode? Yikes, I hope I haven't jinxed myself.

Here's a cookie or two to make me feel better.




19 comments:

Chris said...

Well, the cookies made ME feel better. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw the title of your post in Google Reader and thought for sure it would be about pirates! :)

Sorry your having such bad luck with technology. I had the same thing happen with my laptop not too long ago. Thankfully, all it took was some cord wiggling. At least you have everything backed up.

I hope the rest of your week is better. *hugs*

Tam said...

Glad I could help Chris. LOL

Too funny Eyre. I went out and bought a new computer. Double argghhhh. But it's got a slightly bigger screen than the old netbook so it's kind of cool and I hope they can repair the old one (we checked the power supply, not that) and then my daughter can use it or when we're traveling I could read on it while she surfs on this one. Kind of fun to have a keyboard where all the keys work but I'm having to get used to a bigger keyboard.

Lily said...

When it rains it pours, huh? Sorry about that. I hope you can get the old one fixed and enjoy your new one. Thanks for the cookies, they were most yummy! ;)

wren boudreau said...

Sending you good vibes, wishes, thoughts. May the Force be with you.

Jenre said...

Well, you know, bad luck comes in threes so I'd watch out for the TV if I were you. Or maybe the microwave :).

Hope you sort out the 'puting problems soon.

Kris said...

*viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibes*

Tangent.

I've been thinking about getting a pug for Boris and this is the second day in a row that I've seen one. O_O I know! It's a sign.

Tam said...

Thanks guys.

Kris, unless Boris is going to take care of it, scoop it's poop, take it for walks I think he's too young yet to have a pet. :-)

Tam said...

Okay, I almost had a panic attack. I turned on the TV this mornign and there was nothing but wavy gray lines. Arrggghhh. Noooooooo! Whew, I realized the TV somehow got set to channel 2 instead of 3 so it wasn't reading the cable. I'd rather it be the microwave that explodes, I could use a new one and it's cheaper than a TV. LOL

Chris said...

Yikes! I'm glad it wasn't the TV...

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

HUGGGSSSSS

I know I'm late but I hope you are feeling better now!

Janna said...

That's quite some bad luck you had! *sending vibes* Be careful, you might have jinxed the microwave just now, lol!
And hey, your feel good cookies work for me too! Thankies :)

Tam said...

I would like a new microwave and they are much cheaper than phones or computers but I think I need it to hang on for a bit at this rate. LOL

Tracy said...

Oh honey when it rains it pours, doesn't it? Well sorry that your computer broke. :) {{big hug}}

btw - I left you an award on my blog. ;)

Tam said...

Thanks for the hug Tracy and the award. I'll take care of that this weekend.

Stephani Hecht said...

*frowns* I'm sorry you're such a Sad Panda. I had problems with my netbook, too. In the end it turned out the power cord was bad.

Tam said...

I was hoping it was the power cord Stephani as Chris suggested that but they tried a new one (mind you it was some kind of weird universal thing with weird ends) so I'm not sure. They didn't phone me yet so I'm hoping we can salvage it.

Erotic Horizon said...

Sorry to hear about the netbook hon - but I must say you do know how to treat yourself...

And a lot...

E.H>

Tam said...

Nakedish boys make everything better EH. :-) I'm loving my new netbook, still haven't heard anything about my old one.