Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Thursday, July 28, 2011

At Torquere Social again ... sort of. Sigh

Today was my day at the LiveJournal site again. I wanted to give updates on all of my weekend polls. Of course all week LJ has been having a royal hissy fit. So it FINALLY got back up and running tonight so I posted a bunch of posts all at once before the damn thing crashes again.

So if you are curious what the results were (plus there are a couple of surprises there), stop by and have a quick look. Click on the banner below again.




Tomorrow is my last day of work and I have to get packed as Sat. morning I have to leave for the airport at 5:30 AM. That's rather cruel and unusual punishment isn't it? And of course the pet sitter showed up tonight rather than tomorrow and my house looks like a disaster hit it. Oooops. She said she might hang out and "Don't be surprised if I do some cleaning." LOL Okay, now I feel doubly guilty. But apparently someone is staying at her house and she's looking for a bit of escape. I told her to help herself, watch TV, see if the cats will actually come out of hiding, make yourself at home. :-) She's a friend of my daughter's and seems like a good kid.

Okay, you know that cleaning stuff? Going to see if I can do some now. Really. At least put the laundry in the dryer. Have a super weekend and I'm sure I'll be checking in periodically from vacation.

9 comments:

Chris said...

I hope you have a fabulous time!!

Average Reader said...

Wasn't that weird about LiveJournal? I could never get back there to check your post for about a day. Well, you have a great vacation!

Tam said...

Thanks Chris.

It was odd Val. I found this interesting site http://downrightnow.com/ When you click on "details" it shows you a graph of when site are down or nearly down and when they are working. I see LJ is down again, but the graph is a mess. I was told today it's owned by Russians. Not sure that has any effect, but it was a curious fact.

Josephine Myles said...

Hi Tam - sorry I can't get on LJ to read your posts - I was intrigued to know the results of those polls.

LJ is having another DDOS (dedicated denial of service) attack from the Russian government, because it is hugely popular among Russian political dissidents who use it to network and spread the truth the mainstream Russian media won't publish. It's a real shame, because I love the fact LJ is being used as a tool for left-wing protest, but I can't be dealing with a platform this unreliable. I'll be moving permanently over to my WordPress blog over the next couple of months.

Hope you have a lovely holiday! :D

Tam said...

That's too bad Jo. But they are going to lose clients like yourself and as if the dissidents won't do the same, just move services. *shakes head* Looking forward to two weeks with no work. Wheeee. LJ does seem to be up now, but ...

Lily said...

Hope you have a great time despite the early wake-up! :)

Tam said...

I'm exhausted already Lily and it's day early. Was just wondering if anyone would notice if I crawled under my desk for a nap.

Michelle M. said...

Woohoo! Party at Tam's! Hope you don 't have any crystal eggs.

Have a great time on vacation!

Balloonman said...

Great reading your blogg