Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update #5

Time to catch up.

Hard Fall by James Buchanan published by MLR Press



I was very leery about reading this because of he religion theme (even though its not a "religious" book). There was a big discussion on Wave's blog about this book because I was asking lots of questions and was angsty and not sure as I've had DNF books with a religion theme. When the main character gives into the religion and dumps the BF because he's feeling too guilty, etc. I just can't deal (even if there is a HEA later) and I was afraid for this book but the final results. GREAT BOOK!!!! It was not at all what I feared. Yeah, he felt some guilt but he didn't let it get in the way of rational thought and he was able to balance it in his own mind, the church's position on homosexuality and his own life as a gay man. Oh yeah and freaking hot. So I am so glad I asked questions and took a chance. The joy of review sites.

Sutcliffe Cove by Ariel Tachna and Madeleine Urban published by



I love Madeleine Urban's book and this is no exception. The descriptions of horseback riding (lessons) are amazing thanks to Ariel Tachna and the story is just nice and makes you feel good. There is no big crisis, no stalker, no big misunderstanding that splits them up. They have some communication issues to work through and it takes them 5 months to get together and they become best friends first which I think is really realistic as the one guy was with someone else. You just feel good after you read it. Very likable characters.

1 comment:

James Buchanan said...

Thanks for taking a chance on it. {*ssh* doing a google vanity search}