1) I saw a girl in the bathroom fixing her hair today and thought "I've never seen you on our floor before" then realized it was our co-op student without her hijab on. She really looked different and had gorgeous hair.
2) Speaking of the co-op student, please please please hem your pants. Nothing makes me crazier than people who have 6-8 inches of pant dragging underneath their shoes. Argghh. Except today she's wearing socks only? WTF? Put on some shoes.
3) I find it weird when authors I know by one name or initials start replying to e-mails using their real names or a shortened version. I know you as XY and calling you Lisa is just weird. LOL Shouldn't be, that's your name, but it always kind of freaks me out. I'm sure I'll adjust. Ignore me.
4) Speaking of names, when authors use initials I get so confused as to when to use periods between them. And if I'm searching on a website some will use the periods and some don't. If you put XY Zed and they have it in the data base as X.Y. Zed, then it tells you none exist. There should be a universal protocol on periods after initials. Just to make my life easier.
5) When watching House Hunters or such home buying shows, everyone always says "Oh this would be great for entertaining." Am I the only person who NEVER entertains nor has any desire to do so? I'm a reclusive curmudgeon I know.
6) Why does my cat only want to lay cuddled up beside me after the alarm goes off? All night I'm ignored, then when it's time to get up she goes on the side of the bed I get out of and cuddles up against me. It's not like she even likes me that much so wouldn't care if I stayed home I'm sure.
7) Why do I allow myself (or my kid) to watch Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC? Last night I literally lost my breath when the mother informed us that her 2 year old needed to learn about make-up because she wanted her to get married and have kids (hey, maybe she's gay, but before I could get that out) and she needs to know how to wear make-up because a man has "needs" and her husband will have "needs" and she has to keep herself up for him. I started gagging which caught my daughter's attention so that I could screech in outrage that the women's movement was obviously dead in the South and I wanted to call Child Welfare Services on the poor tot who at 2 is wearing false eye lashes to please her man.
8) My diet efforts have totally stalled out. Not being forced to reveal this publicly on the internet was obviously a factor. Ugh. Okay, I haven't gained but .... Bacon? Who has bacon? Ice-cream anyone? Pizza?
9) Why can't people just put their freaking vacation time on the form like they have been asked REPEATEDLY? Are those 3.5 minutes REALLY so valuable you can't put a V or B on the damn spread sheet? Why won't anyone listen to me? Do I work in an institute for the deaf? Sigh.
10) I'm considering finding some black electrical tape soI can handcuff and gag Pokey while Gumby administers discipline to the amusement of Pebble Chick and Penny Pig.
Share something random with me today.