Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My shoe fetish

When most women talk about their shoe fetish, the image that pops into your head is this:


But when I'm talking shoe fetish, it's ... something that looks like my front hallway to be honest.


I'm the one, drunk in the gay bar, with a naked boy dancing over my head, his junk blowing in the wind, while I pet his sneakers and declare how cute they are. (Gets you hugs later, don't knock it.) I would wear sneakers every day if I could and probably wear them more often than I really should. Red are my favourite.

So I've been collecting some pictures of sneakers and thought I'd share them with y'all, since I got nothing else going on. Back to the office after vacation, thankfully the -29C weather is moving off and I'm adjusting to real life. Hope everyone is having a great first week of January.


My fave colour but mine are lowtop.

 I had a pair of these, they wore out.

I have these but mine are cleaner. I don't look nearly as good wearing them either.

 Little too blue for me, but he wears them well. 

My daughter has these ones.

Maybe I need yellow ones?

And how about a little song about sneakers.

16 comments:

Val Kovalin said...

Cool photos, Tam. I like the blue ones very much! I'd rather wear these than stiletto heels any day.

Tam said...

I like the idea of the heels and I have a friend who looks amazing in them, but I know after about 10 min I'm done.

Chris said...

I love the look of Converse, but they hate my feet. *sigh* Darn you cool kids!!

Jenre said...

Do you were sneakers to work, Tam?

Great pictures!

I have some sketchers sneakers which I love. I used to own some converse ones but they fell to bits. I do so much walking that my shoes never last more than a year or so :(.

Tam said...

Oh well, other sneakers are cool too Chris. Just not as cool. ;-)

I do Jen. Mostly on casual days with khakis or cords, but I sometimes sneak them in other days as well. I have a pair that are all black, more like Keds (but Converse) and I can get away with wearing those with black pants, or my red slip-ons. But only if they are in good shape. Once they get looking ratty, then I wouldn't.

Chris said...

I don't think I own ANY sneakers! I do, however, own a shocking number of pairs of Keens. :)

Tam said...

I wore sneakers today in honour of this post. I'm wearing my light gray khakis, dark gray sneakers and a red polo. These are the shoes I had to buy in Montreal at the conference because my dress shoes were killing my feet. Luckily in gaming, even wearing sneakers I was considered well dressed by the gaming industry standards.

Josephine Myles said...

We call them Doctor Who Shoes in my house, because David Tennant's Doctor always wore them. They look great with a pinstriped suit!

I have to admit, I haven't owned a pair since I was a teenager. I love the look of them, but they aren't great in rainy old Britain, and they're not the most comfortable soles. I stick to El Naturalista footwear now - expensive, but luvverly and oh-so-comfy!

Tam said...

I'm kind of used to wearing them now so my feet generally find them NORMAL. If I am going to the gym though I do have proper athletic shoes, but just for vacation and the like my feet seem to do okay.

I do like them with more formal wear. A cheeky statement.

Leontine said...

OMG...Converse sneakers; in my teens I used to walk in them 24/7. Now however I don't own one pair of sneakers...I want to but somehow can't seem to find a pair that fits my tastes...I'm demanding in my tastes 0.o

When I walked in NOLA in my good pair of walking shoes I had blisters on my feet at the end of the day so we went to that big mall & I found myself a Crocs store, bought a pair and my feet were in bliss. I always have a summer and winter pair. Other than that it's boots...lots and lots of boots, from Uggs-like to, military-style & knee high leather ones.

My first week involved getting over the flu, read a few books and this weekend doing lots of house chores and blog stuff. I hope you have a great weekend, Tam :))

Tam said...

Ah, a boot girl. :-) I like the idea of boots, but I never wearing them, well, except in winter in the snow.

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope that's your last illness for 2012.

Polt said...

If I had a pair of hot guys in wifebeaters (and sneaks of course) like in the fourth photo, I'D wear them out too! The guys, not the sneaks. :)

HUGS...

Tam said...

You're so hard on your toys hon. ;-)

Polt said...

Only the really good ones, Tam, only the good ones. :)

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

There were sneakers in the first photo, you say? I was a little distracted and didn't notice...

I love sneakers. I could live in sneakers, flip flops and slippers.

Tam said...

;-) I love flip flops too, but obviously I have less chance to wear them than you guys in the sunny south.