Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Thursday, July 14, 2011

In a slump ... so lets check out the man-flesh

I haven't been reading much at all this week. Not sure why. I could blame it on the heat I suppose, but that's a cop-out. Just my natural cycle of read like a demon, then take a break, then read again I guess. Anyway, for my darlin' friend Adam at Cocky & Rude, whose fave colour is plaid (Doesn't he look cute in plaid?), here are some plaid-clad boys for y'all today and a Scottish band, although they aren't wearing kilts. Pity.
Nary a crack in that old bell after he got up close and personal with the cock caulk gun. 
On with the show, and a little more skin than Adam could be convinced to show us. (I think Mr. Sombrero put the kaibosh on my plans for an Adam centrefold type post - jealous bastard. It was going to be "artistic".) So you'll have to deal with these fellows.









These are The Proclaimers from Scotland, most of us probably know them from the Shrek soundtrack On My Way, but when I heard this song Then I Met You, I thought it was perfect for a blog that reviews "romance" books. I put a couple of the lyrics after. Could fit any number of books we've all read. I also ADORE the fact that you can hear their accents. *swoon*


Thought that I'd be happy
Going to be so happy
Living life alone and never sharing anything

Thought that I was finished
Thought that I was complete
Thought that I was whole instead of being half of something

Thought that I was growing
Growing older, wiser
Understanding why this world held nothing for my spirit

Thought that I was destined
Destined to be nothing
Destined to be nothing in this world and then I met you.

29 comments:

Polt said...

Not really a fan of plaid, but I AM a fan of the guys wearing it! Send some my way! :)

HUGS...

Word verification: ohsucki

Oh Suck I! Yes indeedy! :)

Tam said...

Ha! Best word veri ever. LOL How appropriate.

I do like the plaid, I've pretty much decimated my plaid file for this post, I'll have to start trolling. Oh the harships I endure. ;-)

Leontine said...

Girl, pic 4 & 5 get me tingly but the hubba hubba nekkid man doing laundry...he can help me any day of the week! Thanks for the late night treat ;) Or at least, its night time over here!

Average Reader said...

Nice plaid! I'm becoming a big fan of your color-themed photos. :)

Tam said...

My laundry-boy is quite booked up Leontine. But sweet dreams. ;-)

Thanks Val. I do what I can to entertain. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow. Plaid is definitely looking yummy here! ;)

Tam said...

My new motto Eyre. "Plaid, not just for lumberjacks anymore." :-)

Adam said...

YAY PLAID! Best post ever! I think the first guy (me) is the cutest, but the rest are okay too.

Tam said...

You are the cutest hon and I'm sure Mr. S. would back me up on that.

Chris said...

Oh, great, Polt gets the best word veri ever, and I get arqdzomy.

Tam said...

Oh yeah. Not much we can do with that can we Chris? LOL

Chris said...

It sounds like a sexual practice that would get you smited with lightning.

Stephani Hecht said...

Is it sad that I immediately recognized the Corbin Fisher guys?

Tam said...

You're probably not alone Stephani. Research right? ;-)

K. Z. Snow said...

Woohoo! Plaid is Wisconsin's state color!

K. Z. Snow said...

Forgot to say, you are the cutest, Adam! :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Uh, Tam, I think your Hottie is a praying mantis shifter. (Jeez, I can tell it's getting late. I can't seem to get all my thoughts into one post.)

Tam said...

He's a fae damn it KZ!

I should move to Wisconsin ... oh wait, never mind. ;-P

Stephani Hecht said...

Yessss....research. Although, for some odd reason my husband won't let be claim it on our taxes. I still say it's a legitimate business expense :P

Tam said...

Oh, it totally is Stepahani. I also think visits to male strip clubs and tips can be written off as research or "hospitality" expenses.

Josephine Myles said...

Aww, the Proclaimers! I saw them live once at a festival - the accents are gorgeous, aren't they? And the songs are ridiculously catchy - I wouldn't have admitted to liking them at the time they came out, but I will now ;)

I had a lovely pair of red tartan jeans when I was twenty. I always felt damn sexy in them, I must say.

Tam said...

Oh jealous. You saw the Proclaimers AND tartan jeans. Lucky. Better if you'd been wearing the jeans while you watched them. LOL

Polt said...

My GOODNESS, the elf certainly look...delicate. I'm afraid I might break him. but OH the fun we'd have until the breakage! :)

HUGS...

Tam said...

Elves are tougher than they look. But play nice with your toys or I won't get you nice things anymore. ;-)

Michelle M. said...

I like the blog's new look! Great post - Adam is def. the cutest. I thought for sure the Scottish band was going to be the Bay City Rollers (lots of plaid there ; ).

Tam said...

Thanks Michelle. Adam is def. the cutest and probably the funniest. I used BCR last time, so thought I'd try someone else this time. :-)

Lily said...

I am definitely a plaid lover! ;)

orannia said...

(((Tam)))

Plaid is no under-rated *grin*

Tam said...

What's not to love Lily? :-)

Plaid is a good thing Orannia.