Special thanks to Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm for the super header.


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update #2

Thankfully off my self-induced book hiatus I spent some money today. Yippee. Okay, I hope short stories count for this.

This was a freebie from allromanceebooks.com

Tom or an Improbable Tale by Ruth Sims. Its published by Lethe Press.


This is a short story, only 20 pages. Its told as if someone is telling you the story that their friend told them. I find that a bit awkward but its not too bad and its pretty funny at the start. Its basically a cat who spends 6 months of the year as a cat and 6 months as a boy. He ends up living with a closeted gay lawyer with a mad scientist friend who can do surgery to make him a man forever. He's really innocent and gay lawyer introduces him to gay sex (all off screen) but the guy misses being a cat too. So does he get the cat/boy to undergo surgery or let him go back to being a cat? That is the question.

It was okay, kind of cute and for free can't complain. I would read something else by this author as long as it wasn't the same POV because I don't really care for that.

This also fulfills my "shapeshifter not wolf" goal.

No comments: